Our Stone Selection
One excellent way to beautify your yard is to make it look natural yet manicured. We’ve been supplying the Dallas-Fort Worth area with high-quality flagstone and other natural stones for over two decades.
- River rock and moss
- Saw cut and chopped
Natural stone has long been a popular landscaping material among DFW properties, and can open up a number of opportunities for your property. If you’re interested in natural stone but unsure of how to use it in your yard, ask the landscaping experts at Starr Turf Grass.
TYPES OF NATURAL STONE
There are several types of natural stone in use around the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Flagstone: Flagstone is a classic variety of natural stone that is extremely versatile. You can find many different colors and shades of flagstone, ranging from light beige to dark gray.
- River Rock: River rock is so named because it resembles the smooth rocks often found in rivers. These small stones are perfect for walkways, rock gardens, and other attractive yard features.
- Boulders: If you’re looking to accent your yard, installing large boulders is a great way to go. Boulders look wonderful in flowerbeds and water feature and can help make your yard look more like a natural scene.
Uses for Natural Stone
If you don’t think natural stone has a place in your yard, think again. There are so many types, shapes, and colors available that you’re bound to find a way in which natural stone will improve your property.
- Walkways: Flagstone and river rock both lend themselves well to landscape walkways. In addition to providing easy access to all areas of your yard, a natural stone walkway can make your property more aesthetically pleasing.
- Patios: The Dallas area is blessed with decent weather for much of the year. An elegant patio made of perfectly fitted flagstone can make it easy to enjoy warm Texas evenings with your guests and family members.
- Water Features: Natural stone doesn’t necessarily need to serve a practical purpose in order to be in your yard. Many homeowners enjoy building fountains, ponds, waterfalls, or other water features out of natural stone.
Our medium-sized, smooth stones are great for stone pathways and lining outdoor ponds. We can use moss to add age and character and create a rustic look and feel. If you are interested in larger, jagged stones, we can use our flagstone materials to create ornate, multi-tonal walkways. Our selection of stones and boulders come in a variety of colors and sizes to fit your particular needs.